For contact details for individual lawyers and members of our team, please consult the Our Team page.
If you would like to retain Howard Kelford & DuBois LLP to give you legal advice, please telephone, email or write to any of our lawyers, who will be pleased to discuss whether or not our firm can assist you.
Until we specifically agree to act for you on a matter, you should not provide us with any unsolicited confidential information or material. Unsolicited information and material will not be treated as confidential and will not be protected by any lawyer-client privilege.
Policies and for client and staff safety
Office Policies for Client and Staff Safety
– Please call ahead to make an appointment. We are limiting the number of people who attend at the office at this time.
– If you are sick, we will not permit you to enter the office. We will make other arrangements to assist you.
– You will be required to wear a mask in the office at all times. We have disposable face masks available.
– We are implementing daily cleaning and disinfecting of high-touch surfaces and equipment including:
– Disinfecting the reception desk after each visitor leaves the office.
– After each client, courier or other visitor leaves we disinfecting the meeting room.
– The Credit/Debit machine is disinfected after each use.
– Each client who enters the office will be required to use hand sanitizer.
– If it is possible and reasonable to conduct a meeting by phone or video conference, we will be arranging to do so.
– Documents will be sent by mail rather than being left for pick-up wherever possible. If you are picking up documents, please call ahead to make arrangements.
– In line with public health guidelines, we are implementing the following added precautions to mitigate the risk of infection:
– Practice social distancing and proper hygiene when interacting with clients, including:
– Social distance for in-person interaction (2m physical distancing between worker and client)
– Advice employees to follow public health guidelines to minimize non-essential travel outside of the home, to self-isolate and not report into work for 14 days of returning from foreign travel, and to stay home and self-isolate if they are feeling ill.
– We have installed plexiglass screens at our reception area (at both locations).
Howard Kelford & DuBois LLP
Smiths Falls Office
2 Main St E, Smiths Falls, ON K7A 1A2
Carleton Place Office
145 Hooper Street, Unit 1, Carleton Place, ON K7C 0A9
62 Elgin Street West, Arnprior, ON K7S 1N5